Skip to main content

Days 151 - 169 August 2020

 Location: London, UK 


COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak

So I kind of lost steam with the blog.

I'm not sure how but suddenly a day, a month had passed since I'd written anything.

The end of August came and went.  

Some highlights for me: 

Attending a socially distanced vegan supper club (great food, great wine, great company).  

I took part in an unrehearsed reading of The Effect by Lucy Prebble which was really fun, very interesting play and one I missed seeing a few years ago, so I was pleased to have the chance to perform it.

Decided to "Eat Out to Help Out" and went on a 33,400 step vegan food journey across London which was great fun! Mildred's for breakfast, Eat Chay for lunch, sweet treat cookies from Humbledough and Neat Burger for dinner - good thing we walked as far as we did!

Visited Eltham Palace in South East London - one of the English Heritage properties which has re-opened the house and not just the gardens.  Fascinating house - half 13th century, half art deco! Definitely worth a look.

In the world... Trump doesn't seem to want to support the US Postal Service to allow postal voting, which could be seen as a act of voter suppression - essentially making it harder for or actually taking away people's ability to vote.  Polls suggest that Democrats are more likely to vote by post so there is an inkiling as to why he may be doing this... 

Over and out


Eltham Palace


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Day 23 - Tuesday 7th April 2020

Location: London, UK COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak Lockdown I've got long hair and have had for all my adult life. As it's curly, I can get away with quite a lot with it, including getting it cut about twice a year... I know, terrible.  I was very much due a cut when "all this" happened so I took matters literally into my own hands and chopped off a couple of inches.  I don't think I've done the best job, but again, as it's curly, my hair hides a multitude of sins/poor cutting. When I do eventually get to see my hairdresser again, I'm hoping he'll forgive whatever it is I've done. In other hair news, many of my male friends and family's hair is getting comically longer and shaggier as the weekly video calls go on.  I wonder how many hair clippers Amazon has sold recently... Let's have some music -  Hair Broadway Cast performing "Aquarius/Let The Sunshine In" [LIVE @ The Late Show]   ht

Day 117 - Friday 10th July 2020

Location: London, UK COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak Lockdown I am fortunate to have a job at the moment and I have some annual leave to take before a certain date. I am normally one to hang to my annual leave and not use it willy-nilly, but the date is looming and with no-where to go I am at a bit of a loss with what to do. Personally, I don't fancy going anywhere at the moment.  I really don't feel inclined to get on a plane to go anywhere - I don't particularly enjoy flying at the best of times - and the idea of having to wear a mask for the duration of the journey doesn't appeal. In previous years, the idea of just being at home with no-where to be was incredibly appealing, but as that's kind of the status quo at the moment, it's lost some of it's magic. So what to do with my leave - well, I think the garden and a book do still beckon and maybe a whole series on Netflix...

September 2020

Location: London, UK  COVID-19 / Coronavirus Outbreak September - how is it already September? September was the month when everyone really tried to "go back to normal" Started off the month with a cast screening of Love & Information which we decided to really go for big style - everyone dusted off their black ties and ballgowns and we had a fabulous evening! It was my birthday - celebrated with a family walk and  Papa John's vegan pizza  which was great!  Lockdown birthdays kinda suck but also I feel like people make more of an effort to reach out as the circumstances are so strange. I went back to weekly ballet classes, first since March.  It has been lovely to stretch my muscles and my dance brain. Went to the cinema for the first time - my cinema of choice is the BFI, partly because I'm a member and partly because I like the way they do things.  Saw two excellent films (in a socially distanced cinema where masks were required throughout) -  Mem